Orlando's newest Makerspace is open in South Orlando! We are located at 8600 Commodity Cir #158, Orlando, FL 32819. Google Directions to MakerFX.
This wiki is a knowledge base for the resources and tools a MakerFX. MakerFX members have 24 hour 7 days per week access to an amazing and growing list of resources and tools.
This wiki needs your help. If you can spend a little time documenting some part of what we do, we can help you get setup and able to edit. Every little bit helps! Pop into the #mfx-wiki channel on slack, or ask Ian, Jeff, Joe or Neil, to help you get an account.
Zones and Equipment
Click on one of the logos below to learn more about the key applications used by makers at MakerFX. The wiki pages for each application has details about how to obtain, install, learn and use these applications.
Autodesk Fusion 360
Vectric VCarve Pro
|Our main tool for communication amoung members and our larger community||Designing for laser cutting and engraving||Designing for 3D printing, wood working, etc||Designing and operating the X-Carve CNC||Getting a design ready for 3D printing||Getting a design ready for actual embroidery|
We need your photos! Upload to Flickr then submit them to the MakerFX group!
- Food Around MakerFX
- Wiki editing
- Amazon Smile
- MakerFX Material Resource Page
- Report Dead Links Here
- Boy I Wish We Had A.....
- Projects, Past and Present
- Introduction To Slack
- Needs repair
- MakerFX Routine Maintenance
- How to Make a T-shirt with Polyurethane Heat Transfer Film using the Epilog Laser
- How to Make an Embroidered Patch on the Barudan Elite
Power Racing Series (PPPRS)
- Power Racing Series - Overview
- MakerFX PPPRS Teams & Cars
- MakerFX Common Chassis Concept
- Chevy Volt Battery Documentation
- 1800 Watt Motor & Controller - Chinese
Projects and Exhibits
Things we've built for Maker Faire or other events that aren't documented elsewhere
- Bullet Time Camera - A photo booth with 24 Raspberry Pi computers & cameras combine to create animated 360 images of people at events
- Flaming Daisy - an 8? foot tall metal daisy made from recycled car parts that shoots flame. Fire Art is Awesome!
- Wall of Text - A wall of LED signs that can display text (and hopefully images someday!) at events.
- Pay Phone - An interactive pay phone for the MFX lobby
Maker Map of Central Florida
We've been wanting to make a physical map of all the makerspaces, maker orgs, parts stores, surplus stores, and more. Lets use the wiki to get started!
Proposed Structure for our wiki.
MakerFX Wiki Meta page - includes todo list